lunes, mayo 19, 2008

Mind you

Someone gave me a piece of advice: write intently, for five minutes, every-single-day.
I am starting today.
It is not for sure that such noble exercise will improve my skills anyhow, but again, there is nothing absolutely sure. So let's give it a go, just in case.

I don't know what's happening, there is no melancholy anymore, just determination and vague plans, and maybe that's the cause I cannot compromise myself to any chosen book.
I happen to jump from Otis Ferguson to Graham Green, and, although entertaining and stimulating, I come to leave it aside after two pages and rest my eyes in the boxes still filled with memories in some corner of the room. I bought two windows, you see? And now think I should go back to them; Alejo Carpentier and his General sound much more impressive in English, even when(or perhaps because) I don't interrupt my reading to look for treacherous words in the dictionary.

I can see that, you could argue, but then...do I care what you think? It's MY vocabulary we are dealing with, honey. And I choose when it needs to be boosted, improved, increased.

It is a pity I can no longer concentrate on one thing more than five minutes. Time is out!

No hay comentarios:

Someone New - Banks

´I can love you desperately Though your love ain't guaranteed Oh, I wish you knew the deal Gotta learn from far away And I simply ne...